Services Offered by the Elementary Guidance Department
Counseling services in each elementary school are varied and tailored to meet the needs of our student population. The services include the following:
- Individual student counseling: Short term, specific and usually addresses school-related issues. Students may be referred by the classroom teacher, I&RS committee, parents, and the principal.
- Small group counseling/conflict resolution: provided when needed to resolve conflicts and address social skills.
- Guidance classes: Conducted on all levels (K-4) throughout the school year. The specific issues addressed deal with character education, conflict resolution, bullying and harassment, and career awareness.
- Member of the I&RS/504 committee
- Member of the Building Crisis Management Team
- School Anti-Bullying Specialist and organize anti-bullying programs and assemblies
- Chair of the School Safety Committee
- School test coordinator for PARCC (grades 3 and 4)
- Referrals to Outside Agencies:Updated lists and information are maintained for the convenience of our students and parents of appropriate outside and/or community agencies, including scouts and recreational activities.
- Provide risk assessment evaluations